Life has been an emotional roller coaster for the last two months. We found out in the middle of may that I was pregnant. I couldn't have been more excited! At the same time, I was really nervous. The last thing Dean or I wanted was for this pregnancy to end the way the last one did. I put my faith in the lord and prayed everyday for him to nurture me and the baby. I made it past the much dreaded 8 week mark and am getting ready to start my second trimester/4th month!
Let me bring you up to date . I have a doctor that has been absolutely wonderful. We started with early blood tests and ultrasounds. We actually saw the baby and the heartbeat at 6 weeks. Then, I had a repeat ultrasound at 8 weeks and there was still a baby and a heartbeat. The best thing was, the baby was measuring exactly 8 weeks!! Now it was getting past the 12 week mark.
I had an appointment this friday (13weeks and 4 days) that I was pretty anxious about. Guess what???? We heard the heartbeat with the doppler, it was 150bpm!!! I felt like a ton of bricks had been removed from my shoulders.
Now, let me tell you about these "pregnancy symptoms". Nausea, bloated, EXCESSIVE urination, EXCESSIVE eating, emotional basketcase (like I needed any more emotional problems), and insomnia. Actually, there are a few more, but I will spare you the details :).
I have not slept at night in over two months, this probably has a lot to do with working night shift also. It's getting a little ridiculous, but I'm PREGNANT! God is awesome!
Blogging seems to be the new thing and I thought it would be a good way to keep everyone updated on the pregnancy, especially our family and friends far away. I'm still learning how to do all this blogging stuff. I think I have the posting part down, but I can't figure out how to put pictures on it. Don't worry, I will figure it out so you guys can watch me and the baby grow!
Until next time...
With love,
Nicole and Dean
Sunday, July 20, 2008
It's true...we're having a BABY!!!
Posted by Dean and Nicole at 8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Nicole...how awesome for you!!! we are thrilled for you and I am so glad you are safe! It's super easy to add pictures...once they are on your computer..call me and I'll tell you! We will be home on Thursday...call me when you get in town also! And congrats to Papa Dean!
I Knew GOD was...correction IS AWESOME.... and I KNEW he was gonna do it for U!!!!. Just keep trusting him!!
Post a Comment