So I went to the doctor today for my 28 week check up. I wasn't supposed to go until Monday, but I had a run of contractions on Thursday night, so I went in today instead. Everything looks good. My cervix is still closed (thank goodness)! I told Dr Lyman I've had two rough weeks at work, which could be what has contributed to the run of contractions. He told me I needed to rest when I'm not working and to try to break up my work week, instead of working my 3 days in a row. If that doesn't work, I may need to go to part time or be taken out of work all together. We can't have that.
The baby's heartbeat was 159bpm and he was moving around like crazy. This is nothing new to me, but Dr. Lyman got a kick out of it. He told me it sounded like I have a soccer player growing because of how hard he kicked. Dean and I decided he will be a punter instead of a soccer player...sorry Uncle Jeffrey!
He measured my belly and the baby is growing right on target 28cm. As you can all see below....I am growing!
I'm starting to get to the uncomfortable stages of pregnancy. My back is starting to hurt and I occasionally have difficulties getting off the couch, out of the bed (if I sleep in it), or out of the car. I keep telling Dean if I'm having so much trouble now, I'm pretty much screwed at the end :)! I'm exhausted all the time. I probably haven't slept a full 8 hours in weeks. (actually, I did the other night b/c I took some benedryl) Everyone at work keeps telling me it's God's way of preparing me for the baby. I can accept that, but can't he wait another month for that???
Other than that, things are going well. We still haven't finalized a name yet. This is a decision that really worries me...actually, it scares me. I've been practicing saying some of the names and writing them, to see what I like. To be continued!!
I start going to the doctor every two weeks from now until the end..that should really make the last 10 weeks go fast. Plus, we have the holiday's coming, which is going to make it go even faster... We don't have much time..
Until next time....
All our love,
Nicole and Dean
Friday, October 24, 2008
Moving Right Along
Posted by Dean and Nicole at 11:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment