THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Keeping a promise...

Time flies when you go to the doctor every two weeks (although my appointment was cancelled this week, so I go next week) and the holidays around the corner. I only have approximately 8 weeks left to go. Therefore, we need to get things rolling on the nursery. Not only the fact that we don't have much time left, but Dean promised my Aunt Lisa that it would be finished by the time she came down for Thanksgiving. Which means, only THREE WEEKS!!!!!

Well, we started yesterday on the painting..Dean did most of it ( i wore my face mask and helped do the cutting in..there's no way I wouldn't be able to not do ANYTHING). It started off with Unlce Van coming over to help Dean move all the furniture (that is still in the boxes) out of the room ( yes they are now in our kitchen). I covered the entire room with these drop clothes (new carpet) and then plastic over that. Dean then tackled the spackled ceiling. For any of you that have a spackled ceiling and attempted to paint it, know what I mean. He actually got away with only one spot peeling off ( I think it was from my great advice on how to paint it, after much experience doing the whole house) :))

Onto the walls...for those of you that don't know we have white and red walls in the room. Well, we bought primer to go over the red walls...and it didn't work. It looked like water paint. We decided to see what the paint actually looked like over the red and it completely covered it. So, we took a trip back to the store to buy the gallon of paint that we needed (thinking we will just skip the primer). We asked the paint lady why the primer didn't work and she informed us that we needed a gray primer to go over red..not the blue (since the walls are blue) that the other paint guy told us to get. Of course we didn't bring the primer with us, so we will need to make another trip to the store...anyway... We went to dinner and came home to paint the white walls (we don't need to prime those walls) with the paint color. It looks GREAT!!!

I hate to say it, but my computer is acting up and I can't get the pictures to upload onto the page, so please check back for the pictures. I will also be posting a new belly picture..it's getting BIG!

Until next time..
With love,
Nicole and Dean

1 comments:

Libbi said...

I can't wait to see the finished nursery...I remember going in mine when I was expecting LaNelle and just imagining a real baby being in the crib! Good times!! You do look belly huge but still beautiful!!!