As a L&D nurse, I know that most of the time when a woman has a baby the doctor has to break the water. Hence, most people's does not beak on it's own. Well, that's not what Nicole thinks!!! I was lying on my couch on day chilling out and all of a sudden this fear came over me that my water was going to break while I was on my couch....That would SUCK...BIG TIME!! Well, I went to work one night and told the girls about my new found fear (I've had a lot of them throughout this pregnancy). Well, one of my colleagues brought to my attention that when her daughter was pregnant, her fear was that her's would break in the bed...I didn't even think about that:). She proceeds to tell me that she placed a shower curtain liner on top of her mattress. Sounds like a GREAT idea. So, I went to the dollar tree to buy a $1 shower curtain liner. I washed the sheets, placed the liner on the bed and remade the bed. A few hours later, we went to bed..and a few hours later, I woke up sweating like a PIG!!! It was pretty gross and now I know why they say plastic is a good insulator. I will keep that in mind when I am stuck in the mountains during a snow storm!!! Needless to say, I had to do something to fix the situation, so I placed the liner under the matress pad...that worked out much better!! As for my couch, I have some chux pads from the hospital that I use....I also have some in my car, just in case :)
Until Next time...
All our love,
Nicole and Dean
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Fear this!!
Posted by Dean and Nicole at 4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
you are so funny. I love reading your blog!!
Post a Comment