Ok, so slack probably isn't the word...how bout consumed! And I can't believe 4 weeks have already gone by. As the pregnancy had gone by, I kept saying Dean has no idea what we are about to be in for. I have to apologize to Dean, because in reality, it was me that had no idea what we were in for. Cole has definitely changed our lives, for the GOOD. Dean is such a natural, you would never have thought it was his first child. I always knew he would be a great father, but he has really surprised me. It really souldn't have though, he is so layed back and such an awesome person. God blessed me twice on Jan 7th...I have a whole new love for my husband.
Now that I'm crying while I type this, lets talk about the hormones. They have really taken a toll (is that how you spell it??) on me. The first week was horrible, I cried about everything..the second week, almost everything..the third week, just about everything..the forth week, it's getting better. I have my days, thank God they aren't as many. I can honestly say, I was not prepared for the hormones...for all my friends that haven't had kids (Janine) be prepared..be very prepared, and prepare your husband. Again, Dean has been absolutely wonderful!!
Enough about Dean and me...it is all about Cole now, and I'm sure you would much rather hear about him. As most of you already know, we started out with jaundice. Three days in a row to the doctors office and a day in the sun, it was going away. Jaundice is not good in the winter time when the sun is behind clouds of trees. My mom, Cole and I had to make trips to Yia Yia and Papous to sit in the sun (we have a ton of tress). That obsticle was over!! We have had so many since then..diaper rash (still battling that), thrush (this poor kid), gas (not fun)....I guess this is just the start of the many we will be battling. Besides all that, he is absolutely adorable. He is so peacefull when he sleeps ( I can stare at him for hours), he is so warm and cozy when he is sleeping on your chest ( I can leave him there all day), he smells so good after a bath ( he loves them, until we get out and it's cold), I can go on an on.
I'm so sorry that I can't upload pics..I need one of my blogger friends (Libbi) to come figure out what is wrong (before he is in kindergarten:) ). I promise too that I will try to do better with keeping everybody up to date!
Until next time..
All our love,
Nicole, Dean, and Cole
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Holy Cow...it has been 4 weeks already!!
Posted by Dean and Nicole at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have checked your blog DAILY!!!!! and I'm dying to come and will certainly get your pictures up because I'm dying to see Cole, too!!! Call me and tell when the best time is and remember I know how to cook, clean and change a baby...all at the same time if necessary...so use me to take a nap!!!! and yes, these hormones are awful but just wait to you get to be on the receiving end of your kids teenage hormones....they are still worth it even then!!! Love you!
NICOLE! Awwww! I'm so glad you are posting. I want to see him again soon!
Post a Comment